Concealer: how to choose it and apply it?
The concealer is one of the basic products in beauty, to hide and, ancillary, cover shadow areas of the face. Slightly thicker than the foundation, you prefer in tube or stick?. The important thing is to choose the color.What color for my concealer?
- Better to choose a lighter concealer than your skin. Too dark, it may accentuate the dark circle and make it stand out. Too light, not enough to hide it.
- If your dark circles are brown, choose an ivory or yellow color rather than pinkish hue that would look gray.
- If they are more blue-violet, opt for a yellow-orange tone, because these colors cancel bluish colors.
Tip : Apply a little light powder on the concealer to fix it.
Good to know : If you use foundation, you will powder your face only afterwards.The secret of a good application
We set the concealer with the finger (the tip of the finger) or with the brush in the inner corner of the eye and we stretch it along the the dark circle up towards the lower lashes.
Gently tap all with the pulp of the finger to blend the product to the skin.
Good to know : A concealer should be neither too creamy (it spins in fine lines) nor too dry (it gives a chalky effect and makes it more visible)!Advice for smart makeup
Some tips to improve your cover-up and look good:
- Always apply your foundation after concealer and powder last (avoiding wrinkles under the eyes).
- For best results, apply makeup only in the upper eyelids. The palette pastel eye shadows – pink, white, beige – will be the most beautiful effect. However, flee mauves and plums, that put your dark circles in the spotlight!
- Stretch the eye shadow with the brush to the outside of the eye, and do not forget the touch of pearly light shade between the eye and the base of the nose, which “refreshes” instantly the look and minimizes the dark circles.
- And to finish, stretch your upper lashes with black or brown mascara. Voila!
- For a delicious foundation, a little blush on the cheekbones like a pinkish brown, which goes to all: a splash of color to the cheeks distracts (your circles).
- If you run out of concealer, apply a few touches of white shadow after your foundation, blend, and then finish with a sudden blush looks good.
- Bring the look on your lips rather than your eyes and make them shine with a red or pink gloss transparent.What product to choose?
To correct: a smooth texture that fades the color of dark circles: Ideal Light of Estee Lauder, 28 $, approved depositories.
To erase shadows: very fluid, it also hides other facial imperfections: Yves Saint Laurent – Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch), $ 40 approved depositories.
Smoothing: DiorSkin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer, about 36 $, approved depositories.
For a perfect eye contour: Instant Light Brush-On Perfector, approximately $ 34, approved depositories.
For small price: without boundaries or mask effect, a brushstroke diffuser: Stick Corrector Concealer by Bourjois, available in 3 colors, 14 $.
Special anti-dark circles and puffiness: Cover-up goes incognito! This hydrating crease-control concealer – with Vitamin E & apple seed extract – hides dark circles & diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth, ultra-natural look. Available in three shades, $ 24, it’s proven to keep skin hydrated for 6 hours!